The F Word - Women supporting Women: Meet Sonma "I want to be someone who will make a difference in this world…"

First of all, sorry for being so MIA recently. Great, I ghosted my own blog and am now having trouble getting back into the blogging groove. Brace yourself cause I think to have perfectly plausible reasoning for as of why it has been quiet around here. Where do I start?!
So many things happened in the past few months the biggest thing being that I moved. I am over the moon and can’t wait to fill you in on all the things that have been done to this place to make this house a home. This will be a continuing journey during which I will do my best to take you along. Besides that, I have been focusing on setting new goals and priorities for the upcoming months and started planning for next year (Midst of year Madness.) Also, I am super happy to say that “The F Word” series has been received so well by all of you. It has been a pleasure introducing so many great women to all of you, sharing their stories and giving an insight of what life looks like for women from all different walks of life. Today we are continuing the series with an especially lovely guest.
Ijebusonma Agundu or Sonma as many people call her, is a sparkly diamond shaped by extraordinary experiences. She recently moved from Nigeria to the US to continue her education and achieve a degree in Life Science. Coming to the US at the age of eighteen and all by herself has proved to be overwhelming at times but that will not stop her from achieving greatness.
Let’s ask her some questions and get to know her better…

 
 
Let’s start off by answering a few questions about yourself. What is something no one will guess about you?
I can sing. I don’t have an Ariana Grande or Mariah Carey kind of voice but mine is sweet.
What do you think is the most beautiful about you, what do you like about you? 
I feel like my heart is the most beautiful. If you come close to me you will know that I am caring, kind and compassionate. That defines who I am, my mum taught me that. I care so much that I would love to give so much to the people who don’t have half of what I have.

I always see you volunteering for great causes and discussing important topics, what is it that you are especially passionate about?
I am very passionate about Sexual violence and sexual assault prevention. We need to create awareness when it comes to these issues. That’s why I am passionate about it and hope to advocate against it with people who believe that it’s wrong.  I also want to help the homeless people and give them free medical care in the future, that’s why I want to be a Humanitarian that works with UNICEF.

That is great, your previous answer might be related to the next question. What is your goal in life?
My aspiration in life is to be a successful gynecologist, Best-seller author, an Advocate of Domestic violence and sexual assault victims as well as a Humanitarian working with UNICEF.

What do you want to be remembered for?
I want to be someone who will make a difference in this world…

Perfect transition, what would you do if you were the president of your country?
I’m Nigerian, I will make sure I work with the people in the cabinet to sort out all issues one step at a time. I will help fix the roads, improve the economy and even taxation and provide help to the orphans. Who knows I might ruin for Presidency in the future. Maybe 2050?

What is the best thing about being a woman?
Being able to have children. We were created differently from men which is awesome. We can breastfeed our children, we can carry them in our wombs. It’s a blessing going through the process. That’s lit!
What do you want women to know?
I want them to know that they are beautiful in every shape and sizes and they should never try to change their looks to be like someone else. Be the better version of yourself. Don’t try to be like Beyoncé or Kim Kardashian because they are being the better versions of themselves. Love yourself ladies, don’t always expect people to love you before you love yourselves. It’s not worth changing yourself to be or look like someone else. If you don’t value yourself people won’t value you, if you’re not proud of yourself people won’t see that light you have within you. If you doubt that you’re beautiful that’s a lie because God made you.

OK, last but certainly not least, what do you want your younger self to know?
You’re doing great sweetie, keep pushing. Don’t let anyone say you can’t do anything. Surprise them and have faith that you can.


 

 

Comments

  1. Beautiful Sonma. We are proud of you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic SomPower. Keep moving ahead and with time you'll get there. Always proud of you dear. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondersommsss. I don't regret knowing you. Just keep moving , it'll all work out great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts