Eight Little Secrets ...



Eight Little Secrets...For the perfect bronzy Glow

What can I say? It is winter time, boots and coats are standard as well as the pasty ashyness called "our skin"! Unfortunately, the sun lets us wait and we need to come up with ways to give us that healthy, sun kissed look all year-round.
If you are still on the hunt for some products that will help you on your mission to become JLO I got you covered!

1) Lets start with our base!
clean and freshly moisturized face is a MUST, lets try and get our base to be as smooth as possible (TIP: whip up a scrub with Natural Ingredients by using Sugar, Honey and Olive Oil and get scrubbing).

2) On an everyday basis I am not too concerned about looking flawless so I skip the Primer and go straight to foundation (DISCLAIMER: Primer is always a good idea when you know that you have a long day ahead of you, meetings or up-close and personal interactions with other human beings).
My foundation of choice is the TRUE MATCH LUMI foundation by L'OrĂ©al, since my skin tends to be a combination of dry and oil slick it is hard for me to find a foundation that does not cling to dry patches and does not move throughout the day to me TRUE MATCH is a good and affordable option. It has medium coverage and a dewy finish to give you that natural glow. My favorite way to apply it is with a Beautyblender or the Real Techniques sponge.

3) Now lets move on to set this foundation in place with one of my favorite Powders!
Even though the foundation is meant to be dewy it tends to stay "sticky" for quite some time before drying. Because I usually don't have much time in the morning I need a reliable powder that takes away the wetness of the foundation while sill makes me look radiant and not cakey. The Ambient Lighting Powders by Hourglass are perfect for that. You can use them wet as well as dry, they melt right into the skin and leave you with a radiant glow while also setting your foundation. I can not count all the compliments I have gotten about how "flawless" and "fresh" my skin looks. I definitely recommend these beautiful powders.

4) No bronzy look without Bronzer!
Not surprisingly I am a huge fan of the Ambient Lighting Bronzers by Hourglass as well. When applying Bronzer the last thing you want your results to look like is blotchy, streaky or too powdery. The Hourglass Bronzers don't do that! They are just as blendable as their Face powders and melt into the skin easily to give you a natural sun kissed look.

5) Lets be real, who doesn't like an amazing Highlight?!
I sure do! More often than not I like a beaming and intense glow on the high points of my cheeks, tip of the nose, top of my lip and forehead. To insure that my Highlight stays intense throughout the day I like to layer, Often times I like to start of with a Liquid or Cream before setting with a Powder Highlight. My "go to" is the Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal by BECCAIt is easy to apply and very blendable. For a natural, less powdery looking Highlight a great choice. To top it off I like to use a Mineralize Skinfinish like Soft & Gentle by MAC.

6) Get that juicy peachy glow!
I like to go in with a beautiful peachy Blush at last to marry Highlight and Bronzer and finish of the face. One of my current favorites is the Shimmering Skinperfector Mineral Blush Champagne Splits by BECCA in the color Prosecco/ Amaretto. It is perfect for medium tan skin tones and makes your cheeks look fresh and beautiful.

7) Make your eyes pop!
Often times I just go for a simple "one shadow" look. The MAC pigments are great for that. Very pigmented and blendable! I love using the pigment in the color TAN to complete my easy bronzy makeup look.

8) Finish everything off with a nudey pout!
I find that a nude lip is the perfect choice for this look. Since I have a medium tan skin tone it took me quite a while to find the perfect nude lip. Before I discovered NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in the color Push Up, I used to apply a pinky, berry Liquid lip (Lolita by Kat von D is one of my faves!)  in the center of my lips and mixed it with some of my foundation.

Keep on Glowing!!!

Comments

Popular Posts