HOW TO: SUMMERY METALLIC LIPS DIY

 
 
 
 
 
Hello guys, long time no see!
I am currently enjoying the summer break, it took me a while to accept the fact that I don't have any assignments to finish and no quizzes to prepare for. The thought "What am I going to do now with all that free time???" crossed my mind immediately (Problems of a working bee! Who can relate?!).
Anyways, I decided to use my time wisely and productively and use all of that, now excess brain space, to read some of the books on my reading list (A blog post on how I read books effectively will be coming soon!) as well as focus on one of my greatest passions ... Makeup.
 
Surprisingly, summer actually feels like summer now! People are switching out their coats and sweaters for shorts and flowy summer dresses. Friends are gathering for BBQ's and meet up for drinks in the city. To me summer time is the time to be a bit adventurous and try new things out, especially when it comes to fashion and makeup. Now, I am and always will be a girl that loves her neutrals but I do love some color every now and then. 
 
Also, as you know by now, I love a nice glow! Instead of just applying Highlighter to the highpoints of my face and random body parts like shoulders and legs, I started mixing my own lip color concoctions to also give my lips a metallic sheen. I feel like a glistening pout compliments glowing skin and is fun to experiment with.  
 
"Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August"
  
 
 
If you are like me, you may have an extensive eyeshadow palette collection! Due to my break from College, boredom kicked in and I started playing with my Makeup and mixing different things together. I came across some of my metallic, shimmery eyeshadows and thought that they would make a beautiful lip color for the summer time! Drugstore brands like Milani Cosmetics and High End brands like Huda Beauty and Tom Ford have been coming out with multiple, extremely beautiful shades f metallic lipsticks and lip toppers. Nevertheless, sometimes it is nice to have control of the amount of sheen and the texture of your lip products to create the perfect look for you!
 

 
Get creative and mix your own perfect shade
 
For the summer I like a lightweight lip color with a subtle sheen and a neutral undertone that I can wear with any outfit. When I think about summer, bronzy peach shades immediately come to mind. As I was going through some of my palettes, I found a beautiful peach shade with golden undertones by Too Faced called Boxes & Bows. I find that the results look best when the shadow does not contain any glitter, also, since I was not going for a particularly glossy look I opted for good old Vaseline instead of a gloss as a mixing medium.
 
The first thing I did was to scratch the eyeshadow pan and catch the fall out on a mixing palette. Next, I added a small amount of Vaseline and mixed the two together. Now, It will take you a few trials to find the right mixture to achieve the color intensity you are aiming for. After I was satisfied with the color and the intensity of the metal finish I was read to apply it to my lips. You will notice that the color will make your lips immediately look fuller and brighten up your face! I finished the look by blotting my lips with a tissue to take away some of the excess shine, If you decide on doing this the lip will be more on the matt side, the metallic finish will be enhanced and the color will last much longer!Even though I went with a relatively neutral lip, you can come up with some fun and unique creations! I will definitely continue to go through my makeup stash and mix my perfect metallic shades for the summer!
 
I really hope you enjoyed my take on one of the current summer trends! I will be back shortly with a new Blog post, until then, get creative and first of all enjoy the sun!
 
 

 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular Posts