Cake Face: The most delicious easy Brownie Cookie Dough Bars

Hi peeps,
One of my favorite things to do on the weekends is to bake all the treats I forbid myself to eat during the week, typically it involves CHOCOLATE :-) Because one treat is rarely enough for me, I thought of ways to combine two of my favorite things, brownies and of course cookie dough! The result... the most delicious and super easy brownie cookie dough bars that will make you question everything you knew about deliciousness thus far. I promise, your friends and family are going to LOVE them!
 
Ingredients
For the Brownies
1 box of your favorite brownie mix (I like to use a dark chocolate one :-) )
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
For the Cookie Dough layer
1/2 cup of soft unsalted butter (make sure it is room temperature and not liquid)
1/4 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of dark brown sugar
2 tbsp. milk (I used soy milk but use whatever is tasty to you)
3/4 cup  white flour 
1 cup chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate and white chocolate chips) 
Final layer
Extra chocolate (I swirled milk and white chocolate together)
 
 
How to make it
1. Start with the brownies and prepare them according to the directions on the box, add some extra chocolate chips to make it especially chocolaty.
Let the brownies cool down in it's form. 
2. For the edible cookie dough start off by creaming the butter.
Add in the sugar and the brown sugar and mix on low speed.
Add the flour slowly until fully mixed in.
Use a wooden spoon to fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
3. Spread the cookie dough onto the brownie and put everything into the fridge to harden and settle.
4. Melt the extra chocolate and pour it over the layers, after put it back into the fridge. 
 
How to eat it 
Even though I don't think you will need any assistance with this, I do have some tips on making your brownie cookie bare experience extra delicious :-)
1. Cut the brownies when the layers are still hard, it will make cutting much easier.
2. Cut the brownies a bit smaller because they are super filling.
3. Plan ahead! As soon as everything hardens, take it out of the fridge. From then on you can keep it at room temperature, it is nicer to eat and even tastier when the bars are not super cold.
 
 
 
I'd love for you to share your version of these delicious bars with us chocolate lovers using #thebrightbars on Instagram and Twitter. I can't wait to see your creations!
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts