How to wear Leopard print, the minimal way

Hi Everybody,
Living on the east coast is no fun lately, the constant snow storms and the icy wind have been rough to say the least! My days are spend for the most part inside, on the couch watching my fave old school Disney movies, hey Pocahontas, hey girl, heeey!
Anyways, besides indulging in kids movies, I have also been on the look for new trends for spring and summer of 2018! You guys, I am so happy to see that leopard print is BACK! I can't tell you how obsessed I was with leopard a few years back, since my style changed a bit over the years I had to find a new way to wear it. I love muted neutrals and of course a more minimalistic approach when it comes to my style, that's why I put my special twist on this trend comeback! I feel like that whenever it comes to trends that may be a bit too bold for some people, it is nice to start of by trying the trend on the nails first, so here it comes, the leopard trend on "ma nails"!

1) First things first, put on a clear base to make the nail polish last longer and protect your nails from discoloration. Second, apply two coats (one will be fine if you nail polish is opaque enough, I used two layer) of a pastel beige color as your base color. Make sure to encase the tip of your nails as well to make the polish last longer!

2) Apply a few uneven dots on to your nail. Use a light metallic shade as the center of your leopard print.

3) Select a neutral shade that is darker than all the others you applied previously, also, make sure that all the colors go nicely together. Next, use the actual nail polish brush or a orange wood stick to outline your dots. Make sure that you don't enclose the dots fully, leave a few spots free of the boarder.
 
4) Lastly, finish everything off nicely with a thick, shiny layer of top coat!

 
So, that's it guys! I hope you liked my take minimal, neutral take on the comeback of the leopard print trend!

Comments

Popular Posts