The F Word - Women Supporting Women: Meet Colleen "Don’t let anyone silence your voice – stand tall, be proud of who you are, never compromise your beliefs for anyone or anything."


Ok peeps, it is the end of the month which means it's time for another special guest of "The F Word"!
I hope everybody is excited because I certainly am. Let me introduce you to one of the sources for great advice in my life, Colleen Delaney! With her creativity and understanding of business she runs her Marketing business "Stargazer Creative" alongside her partner. She is a true fighter, business person, entrepreneur and a brilliant advise giver. All of this is topped off by her sparkling charm and loving personality, basically someone you definitely want to get to know and be BFF's with! 
Let's hop straight into the questioning shall we!
 
What do you want your younger self to know?
Keep being you, push limits, it’s okay to be scared. It’s how you overcome those fears that matter. Oh, and definitely, nap more!
Those questions probably go hand in hand but how did you find YOURSELF?
I always thought I knew who I was, but as silly as it sounds, it took being diagnosed with a dairy allergy for me to find who I really was and am. Five years ago, when I found out about my allergy, I was pleasantly plump, to say the least. Since that day, I’ve lost over 130lbs (diet and exercise, no secret pill, sorry), learned that I can live without pizza and taking time for myself, isn’t selfish.
I know you as a very engaged person, why don't you tell us what you are passionate about? There are so many things I am passionate about my family, my career, my friend, Boston sports. If I had to select only one, it would be my family, they are my everything.
On to the more serious questions. What is one thing you had to overcome in your life?
For years I hide behind my weight. I was happy, there is no question there. And luckily, I was never teased, bullied or ridiculed because of my size, my confidence was never lacking. However, I made every excuse to why I HAD to be overweight. I was only fooling myself . . .
Okay, and is there anything now that stands between you and happiness?
I can’t imagine being any happier than I currently am, I have a beautiful wife, the best stepsons in the world, a support family and group of friends. Like all things in life, there is always room to grow. I want to experience more forms of happiness, see more of what this world has to offer.
I am sue you have many but what is your ultimate goal in life?
Pursuit of happiness. Not every day is going to be perfect, but more good days, than bad – more rainbows than rain. I have to say, I am well on my way to bliss.
What do you want to be remembered for?
For kindness. I want to be remembered as someone that others could turn to, regardless of the subject matter. That I was also available.
That is definitely how I see you! Can you share what do you do to help others?
I volunteer with a few organizations to help raise money for youth programming. And I set on the board for SEGL, Summer Experiences for Greater Lowell, which provides funding for summer programs geared toward youth in Greater Lowell : )
Looking at past and unfortunately also our current times, how do you feel about patriarchy?
Honestly, it makes my stomach turn, it’s archaic. It is 2019, it is time that we start living in the now and treating all equally regardless of sex, gender, religion or sexual preference, etc. Why does any of this still matter?
Could not have said it better! To finish off this interview, what do you want women to know?
Don’t let anyone silence your voice – stand tall, be proud of who you are, never compromise your beliefs for anyone or anything.
Contact Info:

Comments

Popular Posts